Sunday, April 21, 2013

Looking for Stories

I have felt under conviction for quite a long while that God wants me to write about people who have had their lives changed because someone showed them unconditional love. If you read my post called "Love is Not an Emotion," you may get a better idea of what I am talking about. This conviction started several years ago after hearing a sermon on agape love. I didn't really follow through, and then another sermon, from a different pastor, on the same subject. The conviction was renewed. I have been praying that the Lord would send me the stories, but they never came. I know they are out there. After continuing to pray, the Lord led me to think He wants me to seek out the stories.

This is a step of faith in that direction. I'm reaching out through this blog, asking my readers to share any stories with me about someone they know (maybe yourself) who has been radically transformed through God using other people to reveal His unconditional love. I'm not sure whether it will end up being a detailed story about one person, or several short stories about multiple people. 

I don't think this will end up being an academic theological work. I'm not qualified for that. I envision it being more practical in nature, perhaps to teach and/or inspire others to love unconditionally as God would lead them. 

Thank you in advance for any support and thank you for reading my blogs. 

See ya next time.........Steve  ( www.tidwinkle.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment